Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pistachios

I've been craving pistachios lately.  I'm not even that fond of them.  There is a reason to why I crave them, but be advised that it's a long story.  In October, I was on a business trip, working the registration desk at a conference.  Another person there, who was working the same desk, left an almost full bag of roasted pistachios under the counter (distributed under the 365 brand by Whole Paycheck).  She lives in Seattle, but doesn't work at my office.  I figured I'd run into her at some point, so I brought the bag home.  I've seen her a few times since then, but never with advance notice, so I've never given them back.  

Last week, the hubby was looking for something to snack on, so I pulled out the bag.  And then I started snacking on them.  Even though I don't really like them.

Then, the pistachio recall happened.  I emailed Whole Paycheck immediately to find out if these pistachios were also recalled a few days ago, and I still haven't heard back, so I don't know if they're safe.  I totally understand that under our current food system, it takes a million years to track down the source of food (it shouldn't, but that's a whole nother post!).  So, these pistachios sit on my desk, staring at me every time I use the computer, begging me to eat them.  And, for some reason, they sound really good.  I think it's only because they are there, and I can't have them, that I crave them.  

Right now, they're calling my name, "Christina, eat me!  Eat me!  What are the odds I'll make you sick?"

I have to go away now, simply because I can't handle the siren song.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, now that you mention it...pistachios really do sound good :)

    ReplyDelete